Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cairns to Uluru

We have found internet again in Ayers Rock, but it is not convenient, so I will probably not post again until Sydney. No worries-- we get to Sydney Friday night.

Our visit to the Daintree Rainforest was good. We had a great guide in Ian, and he took us through the forest, to Myall Beach, crocodile spotting (3 crocs and a python spotted) and to the Exotic Fruit Farm where we tried breadfruit, pommelo, sapodilla, black sapote, soursop, Malay rose apples, and japoticaba. I think that's all of them.

Yesterday we went out to the Great Barrier Reef. Our crew was great. Snorkeling was not so great. I think I like it better from a bay than from a boat, and I was having trouble with the fit of my mask. Still, I was able to see a lot of fish, and later on we saw some sharks. Some people saw a turtle but I missed it.

We just flew in to Ayers Rock today. Tomorrow we take a brief camel ride, and then take a jeep out to Mt. Conner. It's a whirlwind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have sure learned a lot about the area while you have been traveling and telling the story. I was able to look up the animals that I didn't know and also the fruit that I had never heard of.