Thursday, June 09, 2011

My first extra day off

We are trying a pilot program at work where people are working four 10-hour days instead of fivc 8-hour days. Based on reasoning that had a lot to do with the dogs (surprising, I know), I chose Thursday as my off day. This is the first week.

I love the idea, and I was working four 10’s when I first started at Intel back in 1997. One thing I learned is that there are a lot of things that are easier to get done on weekdays than on weekends, so I became a fan of the extra day then. What I have learned since then is that I do not get much done on workdays other than work anyway. It just drains me enough, and there is not time to get anything started really. An extra day should be helpful there too. Of course the days that I have are longer, and I have to get up earlier, but there are still definite advantages.

Today I did get some pruning done, and washed Julie’s car, and I did exfoliate and deep condition my hair. I did not color my hair, shave, or research publishers. Dinner did get made, but I also intended to assemble dinner for tomorrow so it could just go in the oven, and that did not happen. It’s an okay start, but there is room for improvement.

Pretty much like always.

40 minutes pruning
2 Nephi 6 - 14

No comments: