Thursday, February 06, 2014

Concert Review: Pentimento



On my first listen to Pentimento I liked them pretty well. Listening to them this week, they have really been affecting me, and I don't know whether it is because now I have seen them live, or just that the emotions of the music are coinciding with a phase in my life that they work with.

The music is powerful. It is not just the bass player's arms.

One of the things that struck me is that there is a pretty consistent lack of rhyming. That doesn't always work, but here it makes everything feel visceral and raw. Hear the cry of my heart. They are the relatable sounds of uncertainty, and feeling disregarded, and worry about throwing it all away. The lyrics are worth reading if you get a chance, but you feel them either way.

The main purchasing site seems to be via Paper+Plastick, but there is some availability via Amazon:





No comments: