Thursday, March 20, 2014

Band Review: Kid Fella


With Kid Fella, I am back to my occasional dilemma of usually not liking rap, but feeling guilty if I don't review someone who followed me, and also, sometimes I do like it, and it feels wrong to automatically discount it. So, that's my disclaimer that if you like the genre you may respond to the music completely differently.

I would say that Kid Fella has better than usual hooks, finding a little more variety in the different types of sounds to bring in, and more variety of tempo and rhythm. I appreciated that.

I was still irritated and frustrated by the language, including use of the N-word. Not unusual, but it was repetitive and annoying in that way. I think "Infamous" was the worst for that, which makes sense. Also the misogyny.

One page indicated that tracks were available through Amazon, iTunes, and Google Play, but I saw a link to CD Baby elsewhere, and that is included below.





No comments: