Thursday, June 26, 2014

Band Review: Burden of Sanity


Burden of Sanity is a hard rock/alternative metal quartet based in Miami.

They list several influences where they names are familiar - like A Perfect Circle and Deftones, but I don't really know the music, so I can't say how accurate that is. However, especially in regards to the guitars, they remind me a lot of the '90s.

So I hear a little bit of Cypress Hill on "Feel This" and "Dreamland" reminds me a little of Foo Fighters as in "Everlong" and a little bit of Metallica in "Master of Puppets", and I thought something reminded me of "Glamour Boys" from Living Colour.

None of this is to call Burden of Sanity derivative, but if you like '90s rock, and don't mind if it leans a little toward metal, you should check this band out; they are right in your wheelhouse.

Burden of Sanity currently has a 7-track album available, Decimate, along with a video for "Ease the Pain".






No comments: