Friday, March 06, 2015

Band Review: Just Like Giants


As I started assembling the links for this review, the Twitter and Facebook links were broken. Although music has been added to the other pages as recently as May 2014 - so less than a year ago - it appears that Just Like Giants has broken up.

I feel bad about this; they had a pretty good sound. Also, when I have been listening to a band for a week and then discover that I was missing key information I feel irresponsible, like I should have figured it out sooner. However, I still would have felt the need to review them. I knew Atlantic Aftermath was broken up, and I knew that Nina Simone was dead, but doing those reviews still felt necessary.

And, once music is captured on the internet it is there forever. The individual members may do other things, but for now you six songs spread across two EPs, with earnest, angst-y pop punk. My favorite track is "Take It Back" off of the EP of the same name. I think Take It Back is the stronger effort, but I found both EPs to be good listening.

It generally takes a few tries to get the right band composition. I hope things work out for the various Just Like Giants members.



No comments: