Thursday, April 09, 2015

Band Review: Now Is In Effect


Now Is In Effect is a one-man project, consisting of Dan Potter of Vancouver, BC experimenting with Guitar Metal Fusion.

He describes it as progressive and challenging, which is true, as well as atonal, which is generally a sign that it is not going to be my thing. That being said, I do like the other music on his video channel, because he is not always doing metal fusion, and Dan Potter is musically talented.

It is also worth noting that of the Now Is In Effect music, it was not all equally enervating. I liked the most recent tracks best. I really liked "Echelon Fracture".

The low point for me was "E

So, just because it isn't my thing doesn't mean that it won't work for anyone else. Fans of Industrial and Art music might want to check it out. Also, while he does not really sound like Rush, the progressive and experimental nature of the music might attract fans of Rush. Still stretching, fans of Luigi Russolo and Mark Ribot might enjoy.




No comments: