Friday, October 09, 2015

Band Review: Call Tracy


Call Tracy is a pop punk band from Prague.

I enjoyed listening to them. There were times when I thought they could be amped up more, especially for their earlier music, but I have listened to their July release, Golden Cage, a few times now, and I am pretty happy with it.

"Hard to Find" was the track that made the strongest impression on me, due to the way the vocals are used. They tinge the music with regret and nostalgia when the instruments would otherwise feel more aggressive.

The band has just returned from a tour playing several dates in Italy, Germany, Austria, and Switzerland, which they referred to as their first tour. This seems like an important milestone. For a band that has already produced solid work in the recording studio, being able to perform well live should open an exciting new phase for them.

Definitely worth checking out. Fans of Blink-182 may especially like.




No comments: