Thursday, October 15, 2015

Band Review: The Eternal Oppression


The Eternal Oppression is a metal band from Colchester in Essex. Currently at least some of the members are in other bands, which may take time away from The Eternal Oppression itself. However, there is a Facebook post from June indicating that they were recording new tracks.

Currently I was able to find four songs on a self-titled EP.

I appreciate that they call themselves metal; many similar sounding bands use some variation on "core", and often one without a real meaning. This is metal. It is heavy, it is aggressive, and that is the intent.

While the shouted content can make the songs seem to run together, if you listen to the intros you will find some subtle touches and differentiation. My favorite overall was probably "They Swarm", which reminds me of recent Torche. However, I find the bridge on "Groundborn" moving, and there is an eerie quality to the intro on "I Am Eternal" that could be explored more.

I could not find very many links, but what I have is here.


No comments: