Thursday, November 12, 2015

Band Review: STASH


STASH is an electro-pop duo based in Hollywood.

I find something sympathetic about them, so when I look at pictures of them I want to like them. Their beats are definitely catchy, so it should be there, but then I always find myself irritated instead.

Some of that is a brashness to the music. It feels like there are some effects that should be modulated, with a greater balance between the treble and bass. Without that, the music lacks sophistication.

I also notice what feels like an overemphasis on image and sexiness. Maybe the real problem is superficiality. The music keeps feeling like it should be good and I should like it, but then it ends up feeling stupid and annoying.

Your individual mileage may vary, but I found STASH very frustrating.

They may just be aiming too low.





No comments: