Thursday, May 19, 2016

Band Review: Above It All


I found Above It All - like most of the bands I review - by them following me on Twitter. When that happens, my first exposure is usually whatever they link to in their Twitter profile. In this case, the link goes directly to their song "Anchors", even though they have seven songs available on Soundcloud.

I normally think it makes more sense to go to the general Soundcloud address, and that's what I am including in the links, but I can't fault them for doing it. There is something so engaging about "Anchors" from the intro on, that it seems like the best possible introduction.

I enjoyed listening to the rest of the songs and I enjoy the band. They are a pop punk band from Dallas who - despite being chronologically young - have been playing for a long time. There is a good spirit to the music and they are worth listening to.

You could make a good case for listening to "First Rate Fiction" before any other tracks. It is their first official release off the new EP, and the possessor of a strong hook.

Still, there is something special about "Anchors".





No comments: