Friday, June 10, 2016

Band Review: DigDugDIY


I hated this round of listening. That's blunt, and feels mean, but I hated it so much.

There was a hint going in. The home page has a strobe-y triple GIF  of Kelly Kapowski from "Saved By the Bell", with twice as many Kellys (still moving, but not as much) in the background. I have some nostalgia for the show, and I like Tiffani Thiessen - with or without the Amber - but the page was hard to look at. After hurting my eyes, it was no surprise he would hurt my ears.

If there were less of it, I could have tolerated it better, but there was so much. There was occasional organization into an album, but still with many, many unaffiliated tracks and all jarring and discordant. And long! There were fifteen-minute tracks!

I felt bad for last week's review of Culture Code, because even though the listening was pleasant nothing stood out, but I forgot how important pleasant was. My dog kept leaving the room. I don't think that's happened since M-83. (And they were just boring; this actually set my nerves on edge.)

So, really, I did not like this band, and I feel bad because I could probably enjoy the person behind it, but I cannot enjoy or recommend this music.

But if you are into industrial or art noise or something, you might like it. If you do, congratulations because it just goes on and on.




No comments: