Friday, October 21, 2016

Band Review: Into the Night and Tyler Simmons


I'm combining two follows who do not provide a lot of material on their own.

First is Into the Night. I was followed by one user who had a link to a video in his profile, but now does not, perhaps having moved on. There may or may not be another member of the band who is doing more with his personal Youtube channel.

They do have a an original song, kind of hardcore but with some melodic lyricism, and the guitar is well-played, but I'm not sure there's still a band here. This may be a downside to my long lead time for reviews, though the follow happened in June, so it wasn't even the full six months.





Tyler Simmons followed me about a week after Jonathan. He has more material, but not additional original material, with all but one of the songs being covers. Being relatively young, it may make sense for Simmons to accumulate more life experience and have more things to write about.

I know the names of the other artists he covers, but only one of the songs. I think he has a good voice and sounds good, but I don't know how they compare, except for that one.

That one is a cover of "Imagine", and I hate it. It's a duet, and together they flatten the song and I'm not even really a Lennon fan.

Right now Simmons is a 16-year old Canadian actor who is not bad at guitar or singing and is pretty cute, but he is still growing into whomever he is going to be. One of the covers is a Justin Bieber song, which reminds us there is a wide range of options for how he can turn out.



https://soundcloud.com/tyler-simmons-553619858



No comments: