Friday, October 20, 2017

Band Review: Zombie Schoolboy


For a band with their name, Zombie Schoolboy is remarkably lively.

With a fun and fresh delivery, they fit comfortably within the category of pop punk. I especially enjoy the guitars on "Surprise".

In case it hasn't been obvious, I have been picking bands with somewhat Halloween appropriate themes or names for my October reviews. Zombie Schoolboy is not particularly creepy.

I believe the name comes from the second life the band members have after rising out of defunct bands. There may also be some memories of not being engaged as students; I don't know.

As you listen the songs are more about relationships and their frustrations (and a little bit of nostalgia in the case of "Andy and Brand"), but the verbal angst is paired with musical fun, making them a treat to listen to.

Check out their 2017 EP  A Disappointment From the Start on Bandcamp and Spotify.




No comments: