Thursday, February 01, 2018

Band Review: E.O.K.

This is really because of Contagious MindzZ. That was the Twitter follow I got.

When I looked closer, it appeared to be a label instead of a band. It's not generally possible or desirable to review all of the bands on a label, especially if technical problems have caused you to be about a month behind on reviews. However, at the Youtube channel it looked like most of the videos were from E.O.K.. Reviewing one band is possible, though I can't help but feel like I should try and get to Po-Yo later.

Beyond that, there isn't a lot to report. I don't see much information about individual performers or the label.

E.O.K. is pretty listenable, lying somewhere between rap and R&B. "No Frauds Too Many Years" and "Good Life Swalla" are reactions, filling out the rap end of the spectrum, but for all that is spoken "Take It Away" reminds me more of Al Green, and it makes me uncomfortable defining E.O.K. as rap.

For all of that, "Goddess" is probably the most interesting track, with unusual choices of effects, including an ill-humored laugh. It is interesting and distinctive, but not my favorite. That is probably "Headphones".

E.O.K. has six tracks available on Spotify, but it looks like the Youtube channel has more options, and it also gives you a chance to give some attention to Po-Yo.

https://www.facebook.com/Contagious-MindzZ-Inc-151238641592392/

https://www.youtube.com/ContagiousMindzZ

https://twitter.com/BoutItMen

No comments: